About meUsama Abid is a technology entrepreneur. As an engineer-turned-entrepreneur, he has dedicated himself to improving the hardware design process, and is an active contributor to the open-source community. His company, InventHub, Inc., is founded on the idea that innovation can happen at scale if: one, engineers are provided with a new way to collaborate; and two, the open-source community is empowered with resources.
Prior to InventHub, Usama founded DIY GEEKS, a startup that focuses on robotics education in his native Pakistan, where Usama helped cultivate the community and ushered in a love of making with his self-learning DIY kits, workshops and seminars. He was recognized by TechJuice in 2018 as one of Pakistan’s “25 Under 25” -- an annual list of those helping to change the landscape in the country’s startup ecosystem. His work has been featured in numerous tech blogs and magazines, including TechJuice, StartUp Magazine, Geo TV.
Industry SegmentHardware Startup›IoT
- Reason for joining
- I want to connect with fellow founders, learn about new products, seek advice regarding growth of my startup and explore new hardware events.
- What are your areas of expertise?
- Product Design, IoT, Robotics, Wearables, Embedded Systems, Software
- What do you want to learn more about?
- New hardware startups coming out and events happening around hardware startups.
- If you could build anything, what would it be?
- Cheap devices that operate on ad-hoc/mesh networks and extend internet connectivity to remote & rural areas.
- Who do you want to connect with most?
- Hardware Startup Founders and Investors
- What question would you like answered right now?
- Nothing special, I am looking forward to becoming part of the community.