About meSerial entrepreneur and community builder. Currently creating more accessible technology to bridge the gap between rapid prototyping and mass production. I've been in the consumer products space for 15 years, most of that working with factories around the Hong Kong area, or managing product development to tie into that. Was involved with research projects in wearables, robotics, and biomedical systems in the 90s while studying Mechnical Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University. I co-founded StartupsHK (largest startup community in Hong Kong), Dimsum Labs (the first maker/hackerspace community and space there), and founded BootHK (the first co-work space in HK).
My interests are mechatronics, mechanisms, and the general fabrication of things, but I really do get involved in the whole of the business, from design and branding to sales and marketing.
Industry SegmentHardware Startup›Industrial
- Reason for joining
- Because I'm building the HK community.
- What are your areas of expertise?
- Mechanisms, mechatronics, system design, software development for applications and embedded systems, manufacturing, sales and marketing, social media, community building, design thinking, etc.
- What do you want to learn more about?
- Electronics design and development.
- If you could build anything, what would it be?
- A self-contained ecosystem that can travel anywhere.
- Who do you want to connect with most?
- Developers, designers, marketers, manufacturers, and hardware startup teams.
- What question would you like answered right now?
- Does anyone have a recommendation for a developer for a motion platform system using Cortex m0/m3/m4 controllers?