About meI'm a mechanical engineer and seasoned entrepreneur who is pursuing working in hardware for the second time since the 80s of last century. Where I designed wafer handling robotic systems at the same time as designing dental equipment for Central American dental cooperatives to be built by hand – the hardest engineering job I’ve ever had. I like taking on projects that can have a big positive impact on our and future generations. My first company reduced the time and cost of green building design analysis from weeks & $10ks to minutes and no cost – Autodesk now owns that cloud service. My current venture is to dramatically change the animal health and management industry with Scollar - a full stack hardware and software open platform. I also currently serve as chairman of the board for Habitat for Humanity of Sonoma County and had the pleasure to lead the affiliate to scale post the October 2017 wildfires to build more homes in the next 24 months than it has in the past 34 years while we were looking for a new CEO. I have been enjoying mountain biking since 1985 and look forward to the next ride as if it was the first. Most importantly, I have been fortunate to have been married for over a quarter of century, raised two wonderful daughters, and enjoying life and growing old with my six siblings.
Industry SegmentHardware Startup›Wearables
- Reason for joining
- To meet people who are using hardware to improve our world!
- What are your areas of expertise?
- Mechanical engineering including FEA, executive management, agile scrum software development, and always trying to improve my Toyota way knowledge.
- What do you want to learn more about?
- New approaches to cost-effectively accelerating and scaling the manufacture of full stack hardware and software solutions.
- If you could build anything, what would it be?
- A super cheap, portable, limitless and harmless source of electricity.
- Who do you want to connect with most?
- People working on and investing in full stack hardware and software solutions to disrupt and transform legacy markets.
- What question would you like answered right now?
- Who wants to partner with me to blitz scale and transform the animal health market?