Full datetime event:Los Angeles - Monday, January 7, 201913:00New York - Monday, January 7, 201916:00London - Monday, January 7, 201921:00Athens - Monday, January 7, 201923:00Singapore - Tuesday, January 8, 20195:00Sydney - Tuesday, January 8, 20198:00
Online Webinar Event
Register for Webinar Here ➡️➡️ https://my.demio.com/ref/RwmTy5GuFgN3e5Ws
DescriptionJoin Andreas Putz for an introduction to building connected devices on embedded platforms (Raspberry Pi, Nvidia TX2, Nvidia Xavier) using the Robot Operating System (ROS), Keras and AWS IoT. You can sign up for the webinar here.
In this workshop, you will learn how to:
• Guide the hardware and firmware selection,
• Programmatically deploy an AWS cloud instance to communicate with your device,
• Create a simple device side Python client,
• Use ROS to interact with a camera (USB, Raspicam compatible)
• Use the Keras API to write a simple object detector on the device
• Use ROS to send the classification data to AWS
• Linux Laptop running Ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04
• [optional] – Raspberry Pi (running Ubuntu Core or Ubuntu Mate)
• Note: Any other Linux OS will work too, but the installation of ROS will be a little different.
• A link to the source code for this workshop will be provided closer to the date of the webinar.
Andreas Putz is a Scientific Computing expert with eight years experience in the fuel cell industry. He is an experienced team lead of geographically distributed and technically diverse teams with deep technical knowledge in mathematical modeling and data analysis. He currently works at MistyWest.
MistyWest is a Research & Engineering lab helping Fortune 500 companies, Entrepreneurs & Startups, Venture Capital funds, Targeted Endowment funds, NGOs, and publicly funded government research entities solve big problems with breakthrough technology to meet today’s most ambitious societal goals. We specifically target projects that have the potential for high-impact, whether it's improving the human condition, impacting sustainability in a positive way, or otherwise moving us collectively to an inclusively abundant future. Our team is composed of engineers, mathematicians, roboticists, physicists, scientists, and designers. Our staff, clients, and partners are mission-driven to achieving exceptional outcomes.