Full datetime event:Saturday, November 24, 2018From 18:30 to 21:30
SimplyWork 2.0 (Fulizhen Building)
3F Fulizhen Building, 1 Kefa Road, Nanshan, Shenzhen
DescriptionTo attend this event, you are required to purchase a ticket using the WeChat QR code and to register on the Hardware Massive page.
QR payment number: 201807
Registration Price: 90RMB
Early Bird Registration Price (until Thursday night, November 22): 60 RMB
During this panel discussion we hope to talk about many of the standard problems startups face around intellectual property (IP) such as:
• How to prevent others from copying your products in China
• What to do when your product is held up by immigration because they believe your product violates someone else's IP
• Strategies on how to position your IP to improve your company evaluation to help you raise money
Submit your own question right now by going to the website www.sli.do/ and entering the event number #1541.
On this platform you can also vote for other people's questions to bring them to the top of the list. If you download the Slido app you can participate during the event.
ABOUT THE PANELISTS:
• Steven Lin 林栋 - Founding Partner of Borsam Intellectual Property
Steven is a Patent/TM Attorney and an associate in the R&D Group. He is familiar with trademarks registration, opposition, review, cancellations, responses to trademark refusal, and patent filing, including the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) for bringing patents to China. Mr. Lin has a great deal of experience with patent searches, applications and patent defending. In particular he is known for his work with intellectual property asset due diligence and appraisal for company mergers and acquisitions domestic and abroad.
• Anton Blijlevens - Lecturer at World Intellectual Property Office and Partner at AJ Park
Anton has been working at AJ Park, an IP firm, for over 24 years. He is also a lecturer at patent drafting courses that the World IP Office (WIPO) run in Asia. He works with clients in the marine industry, combustion engine designers, packaging designers and manufacturers, startups, and more. He looks after their IP protection, commercialisation, IP strategy, and due diligence work.
• Nikki Kahn - IP Manager & In House Counsel at ZURU Group
As IP manager for ZURU group, she strategises and executes on obtaining IP protection, enforcing IP rights and commercialising the company's IP assets. She is a registered solicitor, patent attorney and intellectual property specialist with a background in mechanical engineering. She has worked with businesses in a range of technology fields including manufacturing, process engineering, packaging, engine and vehicle design, and more.
• 6:30: Networking, Food, Beer & Wine
• 7:00: Opening, Demos & Pitches
• 7:20: Panel Talk
• 8:20: Networking, Artisans Pizza, Beer & Wine
• 9:30: Event Ends
This event is supported by:
• Borsam IP - devotes itself to help SME protecting their intellectual property rights in China. www.borsamip.com
• RP Group Limited - provides customers with the flexibility to order production in low quantities. rpgroupltd.com/
• BSG Berkeley Sourcing Group - an international turnkey manufacture provider for hardware startups. www.berkeleysg.com
• SimplyWork - an international and nurturing co-working space based in Shenzhen, which has 8 spaces in different districts. www.simplywork.cn
• FirstShotz - China's largest no risk marketing and distribution agency. www.firstshotz.com
• Shenzhen Party - a complete daily guide to Shenzhen and Shekou ferry, metro, apartments, jobs, maps of bars, restaurants, and shopping. www.shenzhenparty.com
• Shekou Daily - a Community Directory focusing on sharing information on businesses, events, promotions and lifestyle content to help English speakers live happy, healthy & prosperous lives in Shenzhen. www.shekoudaily.com/
Please note that this is a Hardware Massive event for Hardware Massive members. If you attend and are not directly RSVP'd through the Hardware Massive event page, you will need to provide your name & email & approval for permission to register you onto our site at the door.