Full datetime event:Tuesday, October 16, 2018From 18:30 to 21:30
SimplyWork 2.0 (Fulizhen Building)
3F Fulizhen Building, 1 Kefa Road, Nanshan, Shenzhen
DescriptionTo attend this event, you are required to purchase a ticket using the WeChat QR code and to register on the Hardware Massive page.
QR payment number: 201807
Registration Price: 90RMB
Early Bird Registration Price (until Saturday night, October 14): 60 RMB
We have a special treat this month as we host leading experts and veterans for a panel discussion about the plan and execution for hardware startups.
One of the biggest challenges hardware innovation faces is making sure you've created a plan that covers all the important details and with the right timeline. For a market with little room for error, unknown unknowns that cause delays, quality issues, or simply waste precious cash can quickly sink your business. In our discussion we'll discuss what the plan for new product introduction should consider, tools and tips to execute effectively, common mistakes, and secret nuggets of wisdom that can make all the difference.
Please join us to hear from our international thought leaders on the subject, meet potential partners, and get your questions answered.
ABOUT THE PANELISTS:
• Scott N. Miller - Dragon Innovation CEO & Bolt Partner
Scott co-founded Dragon Innovation, Inc. in 2006 and has been its Chief Executive Officer since February 2009. He is the Venture Partner at Bolt Innovation Group and served as its Co-founder and Partner. He serves as an Adjunct Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Olin College and teaches the Mechanical Design and Design for Manufacture courses. Prior to founding Dragon Innovation, he spent ten years at iRobot.
• Jay Feldis - Product Realization Group Consultant
Jay has over 25 years of experience leading the development of electronic high technology products in Silicon Valley. As a founding member of Logitech’s webcam product group, Jay helped to create and define webcams and video communication as consumer products. His experience includes key roles leading hardware, software, and program management teams through all stages of development from product conception and system design to manufacturing and retail launch.
• Bob Khor - Product Realization Group Consultant
Bob Khor has over 15 years of Global Operational leadership experience within the High Technology sector helping companies manage their global supply chain and transitioning mass production to low-cost locations. He was previously Director of Supply Chain at August Home Inc., the leader in smart locks, and Director of Operations at Pano Logic Inc., a leader in cloud computing hardware. He has also worked in the EMS industry, providing engineering and operational support to major ODM/OEM players.
• 6:30: Networking, Food, Beer & Wine
• 7:00: Opening, Demos & Pitches
• 7:20: Panel Talk
• 8:20: Networking, Food, Beer & Wine
• 9:30: Event Ends
This event is supported by:
• Borsam IP - devotes itself to help SME protecting their intellectual property rights in China. www.borsamip.com
• BSG Berkeley Sourcing Group - an international turnkey manufacture provider for hardware startups. www.berkeleysg.com
• SimplyWork - an international and nurturing co-working space based in Shenzhen, which has 8 spaces in different districts. www.simplywork.cn
• FirstShotz - China's largest no risk marketing and distribution agency. www.firstshotz.com
• Shenzhen Party - a complete daily guide to Shenzhen and Shekou ferry, metro, apartments, jobs, maps of bars, restaurants, and shopping. www.shenzhenparty.com
Please note that this is a Hardware Massive event for Hardware Massive members. If you attend and are not directly RSVP'd through the Hardware Massive event page, you will need to provide your name & email & approval for permission to register you onto our site at the door.