Attend this event for ¥1500
Full datetime event:Thursday, March 1, 2018From 18:00 to 21:00
Loftwork COOOP 10
150-0043 Dogenzaka, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 1-22-7 Dogenogasaka Pier 10F
DescriptionCome join us for an evening of talks by a hardware expert delegation from Silicon Valley and a Pitch Contest for a chance to win tickets to our annual HardwareCon in San Jose.
The expert delegation who will speak and judge include:
• Greg Appelhof, Founder of SPRING, a retail accelerator with an unparalleled resume of experience in launching and growing brands and product lines in a wide variety of retail channels.
• Greg Fisher, Founder of HardwareCon & Hardware Massive, with over 12 years of experience in providing turnkey development and manufacturing in China for hardware startups.
6:00 - 6:15pm - Opening Remarks
6:15 - 7:00pm - Silicon Valley experts’ Talks w/ Q&A
7:00 - 7:30pm - Networking w/ Food & Drinks
7:30 - 8:30pm - Pitch Contest
8:30 - 9:00pm - Networking w/ Food & Drinks
-Hardware Massive Startup Pitch Contest Details-
We will select the top five (5) product submission finalists to pitch their idea to our delegation of Silicon Valley thought leaders and a live audience for a chance to win exposure to our global community and tickets to HardwareCon! The top winner will receive two tickets for their team to HardwareCon, Silicon Valley’s leading hardware startup conference, while second place will receive one ticket. Winners will also be given special consideration for entry into our big pitch contest at HardwareCon and the chance to win the grand prize package valued at $50k.
If you think your company has what it takes to win, then we urge you to apply today. Apply here: goo.gl/forms/H1jm2fBGtTPJ4j8H2
Rules of Entry/Qualification Process:
• Startups should be able to show at least a rough prototype, be able to present a pitch deck (up to 10 slides) and must have not yet taken A Round funding.
• Five companies will be selected as the contestants for each Hardware Massive chapter.
• Pitches are preferred in English, but translation will be provided and contestants may pitch in their local language.
• Startups should have a hardware component or aspect but we love seeing innovative software behind the hardware as well.
• You MUST have a prototype of your product and be prepared to show this.
• In addition to a prototype of your invention, you should have a narrative of the invention showing and telling how it works. (this could be a video, pictures or a 3D animation, flow charts, etc.)
• You must have not yet taken A Round funding.
• We’re looking for great teams, and while experience is great, first time CEOs and founders are also welcome as long as you can show your “unfair advantage” in your sector.
• Companies should be viable candidates for investment - including eventual venture funding. If you have a great “lifestyle hardware company” with revenue projects that will unlikely ever exceed $40M/year and still want to take advantage of HardwareCon - check out our Innovation Access for hardware startups.
• You have to present a viable business model and show some projections and momentum.
• Priority will be given to the most "innovative", "disruptive", "unique", and "scalable" startups.
• Companies who participate in and win win their local Hardware Massive Chapter pitch contest and have indicated that they can travel to the event will be given special consideration for the final HardwareCon Pitch Contest where the grand prize is valued at $50K USD.
All applications will be reviewed by our expert advisors, selected and notified at least three days before the event.
This event is supported by:
• Startup Launchpad - Asia’s largest hardware startup tradeshow held in Hong Kong that gives new companies access to 60,000+ distributors and retailers worldwide. www.launchpadhk.com
• Loftwork is a creative agency that designs spaces, communication, as well as various content including online content, through open collaboration. www.loftwork.com
Please note that this is a Hardware Massive event for Hardware Massive members. If you attend and are not directly RSVP'd through the Hardware Massive event page, you will need to provide your name & email & approval for permission to register you onto our site at the door.