Full datetime event:Wednesday, March 7, 2018From 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm
535 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA
San Francisco, CA
DescriptionCalling all Hardware Startups! We invite the most innovative B2B and consumer hardware companies building unique hardware products to apply for our San Francisco chapter Pitch Contest. Contest winner will win free tickets to HardwareCon and a chance for the finale Innovation Showdown at HardwareCon. www.hardwarecon.com
This will be a good opportunity for attendees to connect with the investor judges and to watch the pitch contestants.
Apply now for the Pitch Contest: goo.gl/forms/yABmSu16VtEBpEkB2
• Judge #1: Masashi Kiyomine - CEO, Kicker Ventures
Masashi served as the Investment Director and Head of Life Sciences venture investments at Mitsui & Co. Global Investment, a global venture capital firm. During his 13-year tenure, he managed investments in early stage digital health and medical devices start-ups in US, Japan, Europe, Israel, and China. He founded Kicker Ventures in 2017 to help healthcare start-ups develop and fulfill their vision.
• Judge #2: Kal Deutsch - Partner & Founding Investor-Advisor, Batchery
Kal is a founding Investor-Advisor and Partner at Batchery, a Berkeley-based startup accelerator. He served as Batchery CEO and Managing Partner during the launch and ramp-up period. He is an international startup lecturer and coach, and has worked with entrepreneurs at global incubators and accelerators across Europe, Asia and Latin America. batchery.com/
This event is powered by:
• Rush Order - A flexible fulfillment solutions provider for startups. rushorder.com
• WeWork - The platform for creators. We provide everything you need to make a life, not just a living. www.wework.com
• 5:00: Networking w/ Food & Soda
• 5:50: Opening Remarks
• 6:10: HardwareCon Pitch Contest
• 7:10: Networking w/ Food & Soda
• 8:00: Event Ends
-Hardware Massive Startup Pitch Contest Details-
We will select the top product submission finalists to pitch their idea to our delegation of Silicon Valley thought leaders and a live audience for a chance to win exposure to our global community and tickets to HardwareCon! The top winner will receive two tickets for their team to HardwareCon, Silicon Valley’s leading hardware startup conference, while second place will receive one ticket. Winners will also be given special consideration for entry into our big pitch contest at HardwareCon and the chance to win the grand prize package valued at $50k.
If you think your company has what it takes to win, then we urge you to apply today. Apply here: goo.gl/forms/yABmSu16VtEBpEkB2
Rules of Entry/Qualification Process:
• Startups should be able to show at least a rough prototype, be able to present a pitch deck (up to 10 slides) and must have not yet taken A Round funding.
• Five companies will be selected as the contestants for each Hardware Massive chapter.
• Pitches are preferred in English, but translation will be provided and contestants may pitch in their local language.
• Startups should have a hardware component or aspect but we love seeing innovative software behind the hardware as well.
• You MUST have a prototype of your product and be prepared to show this.
• In addition to a prototype of your invention, you should have a narrative of the invention showing and telling how it works. (this could be a video, pictures or a 3D animation, flow charts, etc.)
• You must have not yet taken A Round funding.
• We’re looking for great teams, and while experience is great, first time CEOs and founders are also welcome as long as you can show your “unfair advantage” in your sector.
• Companies should be viable candidates for investment - including eventual venture funding. If you have a great “lifestyle hardware company” with revenue projects that will unlikely ever exceed $40M/year and still want to take advantage of HardwareCon - check out our Innovation Access for hardware startups.
• You have to present a viable business model and show some projections and momentum.
• Priority will be given to the most "innovative", "disruptive", "unique", and "scalable" startups.
• Companies who participate in and win win their local Hardware Massive Chapter pitch contest and have indicated that they can travel to the event will be given special consideration for the final HardwareCon Pitch Contest where the grand prize is valued at $50K USD.
All applications will be reviewed by our expert advisors, selected and notified at least two days before the event.
This is a Hardware Massive event for Hardware Massive members. If you attend and are not directly RSVP'd through the Hardware Massive event page, you will need to provide your name & email & approval for permission to register you onto our site at the door.