Attend this event for $10
Full datetime event:Tuesday, March 20, 2018From 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
SAP Leonardo Center at Hudson Yards
10 Hudson Yards, Fl 48th NY, NY 10001
DescriptionCome join us for Hardware Massive's New York chapter launch!
Our inaugural event will be featuring two influential internationally recognized designers/entrepreneurs/thought leaders.
At this talk, you will gain insight to the current state of smart connected devices and wearable technology and its near future trajectory.
Our topics will include:
• The evolution of hardware leveraging various modalities, interfaces and materials as part of design
• Thinking holistically in systems and networks when designing a product from concept state and how it scales
• Given the rise of smart connected devices and impervious sharing of data a we will touch upon the ethics, social and cultural ramifications from the product that we design
• As designers, founders, stakeholders this talk will challenge us to think beyond objects/devices and how it will impact the body mechanics, cognition and how these devices are shaping use behavior.
• Eric Chan - CEO and Founder of ECCO Design
Eric has years of international experience in design and product innovation. He has worked with global tech companies and startups including LG, Herman Miller, Panasonic, Samsung, GE, Lenovo, Audi and Toyota. He recently established EccoX, exploring and pushing physical design seamless integration with digital / virtual technology from wearable tech,IoT, to smart appliances. www.eccoid.com
• Despina Papadopolous - CEO/Founder of Principled Design
Despina is the founder of Principled Design, a systems design and strategy studio specializing in wearable technologies, building prototypes, and working with organizations to introduce innovation at the intersection of social structure and technological possibility. Despina is recognized for her expertise in systems design and expert in e-textiles and fashion wearable technology with VF, Nivea, 7 For All Mankind, and most recent collaboration with Ralph Lauren along with other partners for the launch of the US Olympics heated jacket. principled-design.com
Moderator for this evening’s event is Nga Nguyen, User Experience Designer for emerging technology and digital experiences for various clients, as well as Chapter Lead for Hardware Massive.
6:00 – 6:45 Networking
6:45 – 7:00 Introduction/Announcements
7:00 – 8:00 Speakers, Q & A
8:00 – 8:30 Networking continues
*Photo ID Required for security entry.
*Please note that this is a Hardware Massive event for Hardware Massive members. If you attend and are not directly RSVP'd through the Hardware Massive event page, you will need to provide your name & email & approval for permission to register you onto our site at the door.