Full datetime event:Wednesday, May 24, 2017From 11:30 am to 1:45 pm
500 Yosemite Dr. #108
DescriptionJoin us for a dynamic and interactive panel discussion about re-examining Onshore vs. Offshore electronics manufacturing in today’s environment. Special thanks to our event co-organizer Product Realization Group. prgnpi.com/
At this session, you will learn:
• The difference between "Purchase Price" vs. "Total Cost of Ownership"
• “Hidden costs” associated with Offshoring
• Key cost drivers in product design
• How to protect your Intellectual Property (IP)
• Mitigating risks such as: lead time, counterfeiting, obsolescence, compliance, natural disasters, political instability, & currency fluctuations
Offshoring gained popularity as businesses were forced to drive down the cost of manufacturing & retain their competitive edge in the market. However, there are ”hidden costs” and” total ownership costs” when manufacturing overseas. With recent shifts in labor costs, politics, and business dynamics, may companies are re-examining their decisions to manufacture product offshore vs. locally.
Jim, Dior, Shirish, and Cindy will share their real life "war stories", knowledge, expertise, tips and techniques that will help you understand how to select the right supply chain strategy for your business and product.
• Jim Van Patten - VP of Operations, Roost www.getroost.com
Roost is a start-up technology company headquartered in Sunnyvale. Roost has developed a unique, patent-pending connected platform that delivers the ultimate in installation simplicity and the most affordable way for consumers to enter the smart home space.
• Dior Wu - EVP & Co-Founder, Meritronics www.meritronics.com
Meritronics is a Silicon Valley based electronics manufacturing services (EMS) company and original design manufacturing(ODM) company.
• Cindy Eldridge - Director of Supply Chain Services, Avnet Electronics Marketing
Avnet Electronics Marketing is one of the world's largest technology marketing, distribution and services companies offering a broad array of electronic components as well as design-chain services. www.avnet.com
• Shirish Joshi - VP of Operations, Light Blue Optics
Light Blue Optics (LBO) is a developer of collaboration solutions for education, training, and corporate markets. LBO's new product, Kaptivo, is a dry-erase whiteboard accessory that attaches to any board, converting it into a cloud-connected online digital surface which can be shared securely, live, with anyone in the world. kaptivo.com
• 11:30am-12:00pm: Networking & Food
• 12:00pm-12:10pm: Introductions
• 12:10pm-1:10pm: Expert Panel Discussion
• 1:10pm-1:30pm: Meritronics Factory Tour
• 1:30pm-1:45pm: Networking & Close
This event is supported by:
• Meritronics - We have more than 15 years of experience in turnkey PCB assembly and electronic design. www.meritronics.com
Please note that this is a Hardware Massive event for Hardware Massive members. If you attend and are not directly RSVP'd through the Hardware Massive event page, you will need to provide your name & email & approval for permission to register you onto our site at the door.