Full datetime event:Wednesday, February 8, 2017From 16:00 to 20:00
Startup Warehouse | 10,000 Startups
Ground Floor, Tower D
Diamond District, Old Airport Road, Bangalore
Diamond District, Old Airport Road, Bangalore
DescriptionPlease join us at Startup Warehouse - 10,000 Startups for Talks and Panel Discussion on Global Sourcing and Distribution for IoT Startups.
Revvx is officially launching their meetup group as the new Hardware Massive Bangalore chapter!
Our speakers are:
• Ben Wong - Head of Startup Launchpad
Ben’s mandate is to help hardware startups successfully get into global distribution channels. He is responsible for building Startup Launchpad, Asia’s first B2B tradeshow + tech conference event for hardware startups, and manages the company’s cross-border O2O distribution channels for emerging brands in the Asia Pacific region. www.launchpadhk.com
• Christopher Badaoui - Manager at Techstars
Chris helps manage the Techstars Internet of Things accelerator in partnership with PwC, GE Ventures, Bosch, SAP, and Verizon. Previously, he was responsible for business development at Forge, an on-demand platform for hourly labor. He has a background in growth and facilitating business development for startups and Fortune 500 companies. www.techstars.com
• Avinash Kaushik - Founder & CEO of Revvx
Avinash founded Revvx Hardware/IOT Accelerator, which has access to Manufacturing factories in China/Taiwan, Distributors and Retail Buyers in US/Asia, and Innovation labs of Fortune 500 Corporates. Avinash also runs an Experiential Retail store 'Airflash' that showcases Electronics gadgets from Makers and Brands. www.revvx.com
We'll also have several startups pitching:
4:00pm: Opening & HardwareCon Pitch Contest (Bangalore Qualifying Round)
5:00pm: Kickstarting Hardware Massive Bangalore Chapter
5.30pm: Announcements of New Programs from Revvx and NASSCOM Coe-IoT
6.00pm: Talk on Global Sourcing & Distribution: China Perspectives
6.30pm: Panel Discussion: How to Crack Distribution
7.00pm: Q&A with Startups & Networking
8:00pm: Event Ends
This event is powered by:
• NASSCOM CoE-IoT - Center of Excellence for Internet of Things is an initiative to build an IoT ecosystem that connects various entities such as startups, enterprises, venture capitalists, government, and academia. coe-iot.in
• Revvx | Revvx Hardware Accelerator - Hardware Accelerator based out of Bangalore, Shenzhen, and Taipei focused on IOT / HW Product Startups Build through Scale www.revvx.com
-HardwareCon Pitch Contest - Local Qualifying Round-
Calling all Hardware Startups! We'll have a local chapter pitch contest open to all Hardware Massive members, and will grant the contest winner of this local round free tickets to HardwareCon, free consultations from Industry Experts, and a priority consideration into the main HardwareCon Pitch Contest. www.hardwarecon.com
Contestants will pitch their idea to judges and the live audience at our local February event. Pitches will be maximum 3 minutes in length with a 5 minute Q&A session from the judges. The winner of this local round of the pitch contest will be invited to an Evaluation Workshop in early March to determine the 5 finalists who will be chosen to pitch their product idea at the final HardwareCon on Saturday, March 25th, 2017 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
• February - Local Pitch Contest (Qualifying Round)
• Early March - Evaluation Workshop for local round winners
• March 25 - Main HardwareCon Pitch Contest
If you win this local round, Investors, Entrepreneurs, and Industry Representatives will provide advice, critique, guidance, and encouragement at the Evaluation Workshop in March. If you cannot be there physically, it is ok to video conference in for your pitch. This is an excellent opportunity for startups to practice their pitch, get valuable feedback, and be considered for the grand prize at HardwareCon.
To apply, please sign up on the sheet at goo.gl/49hXaN and include a short description of your company and pitch. Contestants will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis.
• Two (2) 2-Day Passes to HardwareCon
• Priority Consideration for the Main HardwareCon Pitch Contest
• 30 minutes of free Manufacturing Consultation from Greg Fisher, Founder of BSG Berkeley Sourcing Group www.berkeleysg.com
• 30 minutes of free Fundraising Consultation from Beth Rogozinsky, Founder of Transmedia SF
• 30 minutes of free Marketing Consultation from Michael Michelini, Hong Kong + China/Asia Business Consultant at Shadstone & Host at www.GlobalFromAsia.com
• 1 Week Free Design Iteration from Martín Ries Centeno, Co-Founder & Design Director at DMO Design Company www.dmo.company
• 1 ticket to HardwareCon
Prototypes: Entries may not contain hazardous materials such as explosive, combustible, or incendiary materials, blades or dangerous projectiles. Electrical power will not be available. Batteries may be used in a normal fashion. HardwareCon reserves the right to reject any prototype deemed hazardous, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate at its discretion, and to prohibit challenge participation of the owners of said prototype.
Please note: As a HardwareCon Pitch Contest participant, your name and likeness may be used for future advertising and promotional purposes. Additionally, it is advised that you obtain the appropriate legal documentation to protect your business idea or product.
This is a Hardware Massive event for Hardware Massive members. If you attend and are not directly RSVP'd through the Hardware Massive event page, you will need to provide your name & email & approval for permission to register you onto our site at the door.