Full datetime event:Tuesday, February 28, 2017From 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
The Batchery @ Port Workspaces
344 20th St. Oakland
DescriptionOne of the biggest challenges for a hardware startup is getting into retail and selling your product. Please join us at The Batchery in Uptown Oakland to learn how to make a good first impression when meeting with retailers to get your product into their stores.
• Speaker: John Kennelly - Director of Partnerships at b8ta
John is an eight-year software industry veteran. He began his career at Accenture in tech consulting and was later part of back-to-back software acquisitions, one to Google and the other to Apple. John is a lover of all things startup and has since moved back in the direction of early stage technology, this time in hardware.
He is currently the head of partnerships at b8ta, a software-powered retail showroom for out-of-the-box hardware and IoT products. b8ta.com
John's talk will be followed by a series of private 10-minute one-on-one sessions with b8ta for your startup. These sessions will prepare you for your personal meetings with retailers at our upcoming HardwareCon www.hardwarecon.com on March 24-25, as he gives you the rundown on how to have a successful one-on-one meeting with retail outlets. Please sign up for your 10-minute one-on-one session by filling out this form: goo.gl/nZm6ma
This event is powered by:
• ANSYS - Industry leaders use ANSYS to create complete virtual prototypes of complex products & systems. www.ansys.com
• The Batchery - An Oakland-based global incubator for seed stage entrepreneurs ready to take their startup to the next level. www.batchery.io
• 6:30: Networking w/ Beer & Pizza
• 7:00: Opening Remarks, Demos & Pitches
• 7:20: John's Talk on "Make the Best First Impression with Retailers"
• 8:00: One-On-One 10 minute sessions w/ b8ta
• 8:00-9:30: Networking
HardwareCon, the 2-day conference that focuses on everything hardware startup, invites you to showcase your innovative product in front of bay area leaders, investors, attendees and press on Hardware Blvd. See the full package here: www.hardwarecon.com/page/1277937/hardware-blvd
This is a Hardware Massive event for Hardware Massive members. If you attend and are not directly RSVP'd through the Hardware Massive event page, you will need to provide your name & email & approval for permission to register you onto our site at the door.