Full datetime event:Wednesday, February 8, 2017From 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm
The Batchery @ Port Workspaces
344 20th St. Oakland
DescriptionCalling all Hardware Startups! We'll have a local chapter pitch contest open to all Hardware Massive members, and will grant the contest winner of this local round free tickets to HardwareCon, free consultations from Industry Experts, and a priority consideration into the main HardwareCon Pitch Contest. www.hardwarecon.com/
• Judge #1: Aaron Hayes - Managing Partner & Founding Investor at The Batchery
Aaron works in Hardware, Software, Information Technology, and Video Games/Tech with companies such as Double Fine, Kixeye, Bigpoint, Nihilistic software, and Planet Moon Studios. The Batchery is an Oakland-based global incubator for seed stage entrepreneurs ready to take their startup to the next level. batchery.com
• Judge #2: Greg Fisher - CEO & Founder, BSG Berkeley Sourcing Group
Greg has 10+ years of experience in providing turnkey development and manufacturing in China for hardware startups. He founded BSG, which provides development, manufacturing, and quality control services for small & midsize businesses taking new and innovative products to mass production. www.berkeleysg.com
• Pitch #1: Fathhome fathhome.net
• Pitch #2: NextPistol www.nextpistol.com
• Pitch #3: Horizon Aeronautics
• Pitch #4: Mendux, Inc. mendux.com
• Pitch #5: Everflux Technologies www.everfluxtechnologies.com
Contestants will pitch their idea to judges and the live audience at our local February event. Pitches will be maximum 3 minutes in length with a 5 minute Q&A session from the judges. The winner of this local round of the pitch contest will be invited to an Evaluation Workshop in early March to determine the 5 finalists who will be chosen to pitch their product idea at the final HardwareCon on Saturday, March 25th, 2017 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
• February - Local Pitch Contest (Qualifying Round)
• Early March - Evaluation Workshop for local round winners
• March 25 - Main HardwareCon Pitch Contest
If you win this local round, Investors, Entrepreneurs, and Industry Representatives will provide advice, critique, guidance, and encouragement at the Evaluation Workshop in March. If you cannot be there physically, it is ok to video conference in for your pitch. This is an excellent opportunity for startups to practice their pitch, get valuable feedback, and be considered for the grand prize at HardwareCon.
To apply, please sign up on the sheet at goo.gl/AKBbXe and include a short description of your company and pitch. Contestants will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis.
• Two (2) 2-Day Passes to HardwareCon
• Priority Consideration for the Main HardwareCon Pitch Contest
• 30 minutes of free Manufacturing Consultation from Greg Fisher, Founder of BSG Berkeley Sourcing Group www.berkeleysg.com
• 30 minutes of free Fundraising Consultation from Beth Rogozinsky, Founder of Transmedia SF
• 30 minutes of free Marketing Consultation from Michael Michelini, Hong Kong + China/Asia Business Consultant at Shadstone & Host at GlobalFromAsia.com
• 1 Week Free Design Iteration from Martín Ries Centeno, Co-Founder & Design Director at DMO Design Company dmo.company
• 1 ticket to HardwareCon
This event is powered by:
• ANSYS - Industry leaders use ANSYS to create complete virtual prototypes of complex products & systems. www.ansys.com
• The Batchery - An Oakland-based global incubator for seed stage entrepreneurs ready to take their startup to the next level. www.batchery.io
• 6:30: Networking w/ Beer & Pizza
• 7:00: Opening Remarks
• 7:20: HardwareCon Pitch Contest
• 8:20: Networking w/ Beer & Pizza
• 9:30: Event Ends
HardwareCon, the 2-day conference that focuses on everything hardware startup, invites you to showcase your innovative product in front of bay area leaders, investors, attendees and press on Hardware Blvd. See the full package here: www.hardwarecon.com/page/1277937/hardware-blvd
Prototypes: Entries may not contain hazardous materials such as explosive, combustible, or incendiary materials, blades or dangerous projectiles. Electrical power will not be available. Batteries may be used in a normal fashion. HardwareCon reserves the right to reject any prototype deemed hazardous, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate at its discretion, and to prohibit challenge participation of the owners of said prototype.
Please note: As a HardwareCon Pitch Contest participant, your name and likeness may be used for future advertising and promotional purposes. Additionally, it is advised that you obtain the appropriate legal documentation to protect your business idea or product.
This is a Hardware Massive event for Hardware Massive members. If you attend and are not directly RSVP'd through the Hardware Massive event page, you will need to provide your name & email & approval for permission to register you onto our site at the door.