Full datetime event:Monday, February 20, 2017From 18:30 to 21:00
3/F Citicorp Centre
18 Whitfield Rd.
Tin Hau, Hong Kong
18 Whitfield Rd.
Tin Hau, Hong Kong
DescriptionCalling all Hardware Startups! We'll have a local chapter pitch contest open to all Hardware Massive members, and will grant the contest winner of this local round free tickets to HardwareCon, free consultations from Industry Experts, and a priority consideration into the main HardwareCon Pitch Contest. www.hardwarecon.com
• Judge #1: Roland Yau - Managing Partner, CoCoon Ignite Ventures
Roland worked in one of the top international law firms prior to joining CoCoon Ignite Ventures. As a lawyer, Roland focused on fundraising for large conglomerates and worked on the largest mergers and acquisitions in Hong Kong, including Cheung Kong, Hutchison, HKT, and HKBN. One of his key focuses at CoCoon Ignite Ventures is to oversee deal execution and growth opportunities for Hong Kong. www.cocoonigniteventures.com
• Judge #2: Gregoire Markarian - Co-Founder & COO, Kello
Gregoire co-founded Kello, where they make and design smart electronics for your home. Kello's first product is the only alarm clock you'll want to hear. www.getkello.com
• Pitch #1: Lumos Helmet lumoshelmet.co
• Pitch #2: China Legends
• Pitch #3: Accuwear www.accuwearapp.com
• Pitch #4: Clever Baby www.mycleverbaby.com
Contestants will pitch their idea to judges and the live audience at our local February event. Pitches will be maximum 3 minutes in length with a 5 minute Q&A session from the judges.
The winner of this local round of the pitch contest will be entered into a pool for the 5 finalists who will be chosen to pitch their product idea at the final HardwareCon Pitch Contest on Saturday, March 25th, 2017 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
• February - Local Pitch Contest (Qualifying Round)
• March 25 - Main HardwareCon Pitch Contest
This is an excellent opportunity for startups to practice their pitch, get valuable feedback, and be considered for the grand prize at HardwareCon.
• Two (2) 2-Day Passes to HardwareCon
• Priority Consideration for the Main HardwareCon Pitch Contest
• 30 minutes of free Manufacturing Consultation from Greg Fisher, Founder of BSG Berkeley Sourcing Group www.berkeleysg.com
• 30 minutes of free Fundraising Consultation from Beth Rogozinsky, Founder of Transmedia SF
• 30 minutes of free Marketing Consultation from Michael Michelini, Hong Kong + China/Asia Business Consultant at Shadstone & Host at www.GlobalFromAsia.com
• 1 Week Free Design Iteration from Martín Ries Centeno, Co-Founder & Design Director at DMO Design Company www.dmo.company
• Free UX consultation by designers of Clarity. www.clarityhk.com
• 1 ticket to HardwareCon
This event is powered by:
• Startup Launchpad - Asia’s largest hardware startup tradeshow held in Hong Kong that gives new companies access to 60,000+ distributors and retailers worldwide. www.launchpadhk.com
• NOA Labs - One of the world's best known turnkey solution for design, development, prototyping, crowdfunding, and mass production. www.noa-labs.com
• Floship - A leading provider of international crowdfunding and e-commerce fulfillment. www.floship.com
• Clarity - Clarity designs and develop web and mobile applications: they bring ideas to life. www.clarityhk.com
• CoCoon - A co-working place where entrepreneurs, creative talent, successful leaders and investors meet, collaborate and deliver results together.. www.hkcocoon.org
• 6:30: Networking w/ Beer & Pizza
• 7:00: Opening Remarks
• 7:20: HardwareCon Pitch Contest
• 8:20: Networking w/ Beer & Pizza
HardwareCon, the 2-day conference that focuses on everything hardware startup, invites you to showcase your innovative product in front of bay area leaders, investors, attendees and press on Hardware Blvd. See the full package here: www.hardwarecon.com/page/1277937/hardware-blvd
Prototypes: Entries may not contain hazardous materials such as explosive, combustible, or incendiary materials, blades or dangerous projectiles. Electrical power will not be available. Batteries may be used in a normal fashion. HardwareCon reserves the right to reject any prototype deemed hazardous, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate at its discretion, and to prohibit challenge participation of the owners of said prototype.
Please note: As a HardwareCon Pitch Contest participant, your name and likeness may be used for future advertising and promotional purposes. Additionally, it is advised that you obtain the appropriate legal documentation to protect your business idea or product.
This is a Hardware Massive event for Hardware Massive members. If you attend and are not directly RSVP'd through the Hardware Massive event page, you will need to provide your name & email & approval for permission to register you onto our site at the door.