Full datetime event:Saturday, February 18, 2017From 18:30 to 21:00
NO. 260 Changshou Road
ChangShou Lu, Putuo Qu, Shanghai
ChangShou Lu, Putuo Qu, Shanghai
DescriptionJoin us for our next Hardware Massive Shanghai event on Saturday February 18th at YunCai Cafe!
Our speaker this month will be Eduardo Alarcon, the Founder and Creative Director of Toky Labs, a robotics company changing the way students and organizations approach technological innovation. Eduardo will be discussing "The Future of Hardware" and the trends in our industry for hardware startups. tokylabs.com
Toky Labs was the primary robotics service provider to the 2016 Shanghai and 2017 Barcelona GSMA Mobile World Congress. Eduardo specializes in injecting productive creativity into engineering development and operations. He holds six years of experience as a researcher at Universitat Politecnica de Catalonia in Spain, where he designed and implemented a multi-model power system for researching on Smart microgrids.
Before moving to Shanghai, Eduardo designed Smart Bank, a fin-tech management platform for banks and financial institutions capable of categorizing and visualizing user transactions as well as making recommendations. He has seven publications in some of the top international scientific magazines to his name on topics ranging from static synchronous compensators to the NASA space elevator. He speaks five languages and has traveled to more than 40 countries.
• HardwareCon Pitch Contest
Calling all Hardware Startups! We'll have a local chapter pitch contest open to all Hardware Massive members, and will grant the contest winner of this local round free tickets to HardwareCon, free consultations from Industry Experts, and a priority consideration into the main HardwareCon Pitch Contest. www.hardwarecon.com
Contestants will pitch their idea to judges and the live audience at our local February event. Pitches will be maximum 3 minutes in length with a 5 minute Q&A session from the judges.
The winner of this local round of the pitch contest will be entered into a pool for the 5 finalists who will be chosen to pitch their product idea at the final HardwareCon Pitch Contest on Saturday, March 25th, 2017 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
• February - Local Pitch Contest (Qualifying Round)
• March 25 - Main HardwareCon Pitch Contest
This is an excellent opportunity for startups to practice their pitch, get valuable feedback, and be considered for the grand prize at HardwareCon.
To apply, please message the event organizers through the event page and include a short description of your company and pitch. Contestants will be accepted on a first-come first-served basis.
• Two (2) 2-Day Passes to HardwareCon
• Priority Consideration for the Main HardwareCon Pitch Contest
• 30 minutes of free Manufacturing Consultation from Greg Fisher, Founder of BSG Berkeley Sourcing Group www.berkeleysg.com
• 30 minutes of free Fundraising Consultation from Beth Rogozinsky, Founder of Transmedia SF
• 30 minutes of free Marketing Consultation from Michael Michelini, Hong Kong + China/Asia Business Consultant at Shadstone & Host at GlobalFromAsia.com
• 1 Week Free Design Iteration from Martín Ries Centeno, Co-Founder & Design Director at DMO Design Company dmo.company
• 1 ticket to HardwareCon
• Motus Operandi
• Bagagem Lab www.bagagemlab.com/
• Otto DIY www.ottobot.org/
7:00pm Opening Remarks
7:20pm HardwareCon Pitch Contest
8:10pm Eduardo's Talk w/ Q&A
9:00pm Event Ends
Thank you to our supporters:
• YunCai Cafe is a spacious, naturally-lit cafe in the renowned and scenic Changshou park. www.weibo.com/yuncaicafe
• Otto DIY is completely open source, Arduino compatible, 3D printable, and with a social impact mission to create an inclusive environment for all kids. otto.strikingly.com
• MUSEu&m Studio is a design studio made up of a team of creative individuals based out of Shanghai, specializing in organizing events and exhibitions in Mainland China
HardwareCon, the 2-day conference that focuses on everything hardware startup, invites you to showcase your innovative product in front of bay area leaders, investors, attendees and press on Hardware Blvd. See the full package here: www.hardwarecon.com/page/1277937/hardware-blvd
Prototypes: Entries may not contain hazardous materials such as explosive, combustible, or incendiary materials, blades or dangerous projectiles. Electrical power will not be available. Batteries may be used in a normal fashion. HardwareCon reserves the right to reject any prototype deemed hazardous, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate at its discretion, and to prohibit challenge participation of the owners of said prototype.
Please note: As a HardwareCon Pitch Contest participant, your name and likeness may be used for future advertising and promotional purposes. Additionally, it is advised that you obtain the appropriate legal documentation to protect your business idea or product.
This is a Hardware Massive event for Hardware Massive members. If you attend and are not directly RSVP'd through the Hardware Massive event page, you will need to provide your name & email & approval for permission to register you onto our site at the door.