Full datetime event:Tuesday, December 13, 2016From 19:00 to 21:30
MakerHive Hong Kong
10th floor, Cheung Hing Building
12P Smithfield Road
12P Smithfield Road
DescriptionAre you interested in designing a great product, and be successful selling it on Kickstarter, or other distribution channels? Do you want to follow in Native Union’s footsteps, and replicate their recent Kickstarter success, raising over US $900,000 for their new product ECLIPSE?
Then you need to learn how to listen to what your customers want most, and let it guide you in the design of your product. Two great speakers - Fabien Nauroy of Native Union and Jeffrey Broer of Kophy Ventures will show you how to do it.
Speaker #1: Fabien Nauroy - Head of Design at Native Union
Fabien's work is motivated by three principles: user experience, innovative materials and attention to detail. By staying true to these values, his designs are stripped back to the essentials for a sleek and minimal form.
Native Union's Secret of Success on Kickstarter: A User-Centered Design Process:
• How studying your customer needs and environment can be more valuable than investing in R&D to develop new technologies.
• 2 case studies demonstrating the power of innovation through simple and low tech products.
Speaker #2: Jeffrey Broer - Founder of Kohpy Ventures
Jeffrey works with ventures on their operations, product management or pitching. With Kohpy Ventures, he also advises family offices and HNI about investing in early stage startups. With his common sense and his Dutch direct no-nonsense attitude he’s helped companies and startups prepare for investment, product launch and growth. He also helps early stage startups as seasoned mentor, fundraiser, and advisor. He is also founder of the annual Postmortem Conference, Hong Kong’s very own conference about Startup Failure: Lessons Learned.
Customer Discovery: How to Fool Yourself
• Key take aways from 150+ customer interviews and mentoring dozens of startups. It's so easy to fool yourself, it should be a mandatory class for entrepreneurs.
The event agenda is as follows:
-7:00pm: Networking w/ Food & Drinks
-7:30pm: Fabien Nauroy's Talk
-8:00pm: Jeffrey Broer's Talk
-8:30pm: Q&A Panel w/ moderator Andrea Livotto of Clarity
-9:00pm: Networking w/ Food & Drinks
-9:30pm: Event Ends
*Sign up here to demo/pitch your product or service: goo.gl/zjmZOt
This event is supported by:
• Startup Launchpad - Asia’s largest hardware startup tradeshow held in Hong Kong that gives new companies access to 60,000+ distributors and retailers worldwide. www.launchpadhk.com
• NOA Labs - One of the world's best known turnkey solution for design, development, prototyping, crowdfunding, and mass production. www.noa-labs.com
• Clarity - Clarity designs and develop web and mobile applications: they bring ideas to life. www.clarityhk.com
• MakerHive Hong Kong - Co-working space for designers and makers in Hong Kong. www.makerhive.com.hk
Thank you, and we look forward to meeting you!
Please note that this is a Hardware Massive event for Hardware Massive members. If you attend and are not directly RSVP'd through the Hardware Massive event page, you will need to provide your name & email & approval for permission to register you onto our site at the door.