About meA mechanical engineer/product designer by training, I have since drifted far afield in my career, as far as Oregon state government. Based in Tokyo, Japan, I help small Oregon manufacturers export their products and encourage Asian companies to make their U.S. home in Oregon. I'm interested in the design thinking process, which I first learned from Bob McKim and others at Stanford. As a hobby, I play around with old film cameras -- wonderful machines.
Industry SegmentService Provider›Marketing
- Reason for joining
- I want o join the personal manufacturing revolution.
- What are your areas of expertise?
- International Business, Product Marketing, Design Thinking
- What do you want to learn more about?
- Design Thinking, Home-made Optics
- If you could build anything, what would it be?
- A lightweight Twin Lens Reflex camera that creates 6x9 cm negatives.
- Who do you want to connect with most?
- Maker manufacturers
- What question would you like answered right now?
- How can one inexpensively polish and anti-reflectively re-coat a lens element?