About meAs IP manager for ZURU group I strategise and execute on obtaining IP protection, enforcing IP rights and commercialising the company's IP assets. ZURU's IP portfolio is comprehensive and worldwide, covering brands and products such as Bunch O Balloons™, X-Shot™, Robo Alive™ and Mayka™.
I am a registered solicitor, patent attorney and intellectual property specialist with a background in mechanical engineering. Over the course of my career in IP I have worked with businesses in a range of technology fields including manufacturing, process engineering, packaging, engine and vehicle design, renewable energy, construction, marine, agriculture, medical and consumer products.
Industry SegmentIndustry Professional
- Reason for joining
- I'm keen to connect with innovators and engineers who share my passion for innovation and tech
- What are your areas of expertise?
- I provide strategic advice on IP capture, building an IP portfolio and use of IP through litigation to protect the market position of your business.
- What do you want to learn more about?
- new technologies, AI and blockchain
- If you could build anything, what would it be?
- a rig for automatically fitting saddles on horses
- Who do you want to connect with most?
- innovators and engineers.
- What question would you like answered right now?
- how could regulated systems for IP protection best be adapted to more usefully cover emerging technologies?