About meDr Niall McGuinness is a materials scientist and lecturer. He is currently Head of R&D at ARROE.co where he works on the development of advanced portable energy (solar/motion/thermal) harvesting/charging devices.
He has held the position of Lecturer of Chemistry within the School of Science at Institute of Technology Sligo, Ireland. There he also previously worked with Prof. Suresh C. Pillai as a Postdoctoral Researcher in Nanotechnology where he managed a Science Foundation Ireland TIDA project focused on the fabrication of energy efficient coatings, while employing advanced functional nanomaterials.
Niall attained his B.Sc. (Hons) in Chemistry from Maynooth University in 2008, during which he also worked within the pharmaceutical industry (Mylan Pharmaceuticals Dublin) at the interface of quality assurance and production.
Niall obtained his Ph.D. in the area of electroactive nanopolymers and organometallic chemistry (materials science) from Maynooth University in 2013, working with Dr Denise Rooney and Prof. Carmel B. Breslin. During this time he was awarded further funding to perform work as a visiting researcher alongside Dr Nikolay Petkov at the Electron Microscopy and Analysis Facility (EMAF), Tyndall National Institute, Cork.
Industry SegmentHardware Startup›Consumer Electronic
- Reason for joining
- I want to meet successful scientist, engineers and business people.
- What are your areas of expertise?
- Material Science
- What do you want to learn more about?
- Power Solutions
- If you could build anything, what would it be?
- Teleportation device
- Who do you want to connect with most?
- Successful scientists, engineers and business people
- What question would you like answered right now?
- How do we get world leaders to stop ignoring human made climate change and take adequate action?