About meI've been in Silicon Valley for over 22 years... and have worked for Boeing prior in Seattle. I've worked for and implemented CAD/PDM/PLM tools at numerous companies and became the first SolidWorks reseller in 1996 here in Silicon Valley. I'm a believer in the whole "people, process and then tools" approach. Too many folks focus entirely on the toolsets, and these are just part of the methods needed to scale a design idea to a full fledged production product. I've recently left Facebook as their leader in PLM tools (used internally for Oculus and other divisions), and now I'm independently consulting for PARC and other organizations. I'm interested in helping small to medium sized hardware companies to scale with over 30 year experience in Mechanical Engineering and IT tools. Although I've used certain tools along the way (and helped design others) the world is constantly evolving and I'm interested in finding new ways to design and build at scale.
Industry SegmentIndustry Professional
- Reason for joining
- I'm very interested in Hardware design, software tools, and to enable new hardware companies grow.
- What are your areas of expertise?
- Product Lifecycle Management, NPI, Production Ramping new products to market
- What do you want to learn more about?
- New opportunities, methodologies
- If you could build anything, what would it be?
- Flying Pogo Stick
- Who do you want to connect with most?
- New technologies, visionaries
- What question would you like answered right now?
- How do people typically get new products to market w/o enterprise tools?