About meI am strategy & innovation driven. A seasoned, results oriented executive/engineer I excel at helping companies evaluate innovative ideas for value – then working with them translating the ideas into enhanced business opportunities for increased revenue or efficiency.
Forty plus years in the Tech Industry as founder, entrepreneur, inventor, engineer and CEO for a number of companies. This experience provides the breadth of background to evaluate situations quickly, suggest & explain viable options and then help both make and execute on the decisions necessary to move organizations forward.
A passion of mine is helping drive innovation into traditional industry and government as they work to keep up with the exponential changes technology continues to make in society. Recently as Interim President and CEO of the BC Innovation Council we introduced a number of novel initiatives and pilots building on these themes.
I am always interested in meeting people who “get things done” and in examples of innovation driven change that I can learn from.
Industry SegmentIndustry Professional
- Reason for joining
- Largely to keep track of the innovative changes in hardware, packaging, and manufacturing. Open innovation is the way forward - no one person or company can do everything or keep up with the pace of open innovation.
- What are your areas of expertise?
- Hardened hardware, battery powered, business coaching, fund raising, tactical business strategy
- What do you want to learn more about?
- New manufacturing, battery, electronics and processing technologies
- If you could build anything, what would it be?
- 200+ year lifetime electronics